A custom architectural metal shop in Seattle has an opening for a full-time experienced
blacksmith and metal fabricator. We design and build a broad range of artistic metalwork,
including custom gates, railings, sculptural projects, fireplace treatments, and furniture.
The crew member we seek has at least 3 years’ experience as a professional blacksmith,
working with a power hammer, and with hand tools. The position also requires welding,
fabrication, and metal finishing skills. Most everything we build is one-of-a-kind, and we
need a craftsperson that can tackle the challenges of building custom work, using
sophisticated old-school joinery and detailing. We’re looking for an individual with
strong personal drive, and the ability to work and think independently.
- Experience forging a variety of metals
- Solid proficiency with all standard metal fabrication shop tools
- Familiarity with various types of metal finishes
- Portfolio/history of successfully completed projects
- Professional attitude, appearance, and demeanor
- Strong communication skills
Compensation package DOE.
12th Avenue Iron Inc.
1423 South Dearborn St.
Seattle, WA 98144