Date(s) - 08/19/2015 - 08/23/2015
The Tenth Annual Village of Government Camp
Blacksmith Week 2015 August 19-23
Sponsored by the Cascadia Center for Arts and Crafts
at the Historic Summit CCC Camp and Ranger Station.
This event is open to any and all interested in Blacksmithing.
Demonstrations by : Roberto Giordani of Italy, Gary Eagle Chesaw, Wa. And Jeff Holtby Langley, Wa.
The Central Oregon Boys- Hunter, Joe, Kellen and Mark will head a Hands-On Flaming Sculpture Project that will remain on site.
DATE: August 19-23, 2015
LOCATION: Cascadia Center for Arts & Crafts – Summit Complex in Government Camp on Mount Hood, OR.
Event fee is $90.00 for 5 days or $25.00 per day.
Pre-registration and T-shirts are available on the Cascadia Center Website. WWW.CASCADIAART.ORG
Blacksmith Week 2015 Schedule:
- Wednesday, August 19th: 1pm to 4pm
- Thursday, August 20th: 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm
- Friday, August 21st: 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm
- Saturday, August 22nd: 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm
- Sunday, August 23rd: 9am to 12pm
|9am- 12pm||1pm – 4pm|
|Wed 19th||Registration||Hands-On- Darryl Nelson|
|Thurs 20th||Roberto- Tool building, Workshop following||Bend Boys- Fire Pit Sculpture followed by Hands-On|
|Fri 21st||Roberto – Flower, Workshop following||Jeff Holtby – Floral Grill with traditional Joinery|
|Sat 22nd||Roberto -Bird, Workshop following||Gary Eagle – Non-traditional Scrolls|
|Sun 23rd||To be announced|
Roberto Giordani will be doing a 3 day Hands-On Workshop Thurs -Sat following his demonstration
Limited to 8 students – Cost for the 3 day workshop $ 100 plus registration
Each morning he will be doing a Demo followed by the workshop.
Three days schedule for Roberto Giordani course: “The Metal Metamorphosis”
Roberto Giordani will show his methods, divided by phase:
- Demonstration of executing steps through drawings
- Building tools with students
- Forging flowers and animals starting from a single iron piece
- Presentation of Angelo Bartolucci, his works and his tutorial boards.
The classic manufacturing technique of Angelo Bartolucci will be revised with Roberto Giordani’s style, obtaining modern forms.
- Presentation of Roberto Giordani drawings and works
- Presentation of Angelo Bartolucci, works and tutorial boards (pictures, drawings and short videos)
- Presentation of two Roberto Giordani drawings about th epieces to make and about the required tools
- Tools building.
- Roberto will draw on the blackboard the executing steps for making a flower.
- Then he will forge every step with students using the tools built by themselves.
- Finishing and polighing of the forged piece.
- Roberto will draw on the blackboard the executing steps for making a bird.
- Then he will forge every step with his students.
- Finishing and polishing of the forged piece.
Site and Registration Information
Camping on site is free, there are no hook-ups. A variety of lodging and restaurants are available in Government Camp.
Registration for Blacksmith Week will open @ 9am Wednesday Aug 19th at the old Summit CCC Camp, located across Hwy 26 from the Government Camp Rest Area and due west of the Government Camp ODOT Facility .
There is limited space for both RV’s and Tent’s on site, Dry Camp Only, with water available for filling container’s, No Showers.
As you may know from the past events, there are many lodging options in Govy for those desiring a little more comfort. Lodging opportunities are listed on the Village of Government Camp website, under the lodging button at the top. www.mounthoodinfo.com
The site is located on the historic Oregon Trails, offering a short hike or bike to Trillium Lake. Ski Bowls adventure Park is in full swing, berries are ripe and Timberline Lodge is just up the mountain 6 miles.
Bring the family, No charge for children. You are on your own for food, once again , Govy offers a wide variety of dining options.
This a National Forest and Camp Fires will depend on conditions.
Please bring items to show & sell, there is a 10% commission to CCAC.
Sales have been good at past Blacksmith Weeks.
Remember to bring a chair, there are no bleachers.
Blacksmith cordinator CCAC