Northwest Blacksmith Association

Spokane Area Blacksmithing and Knife Making Classes: Incandescent Ironworks, Ltd. | Schools and other lessons | Forum

Avatar

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —




— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Spokane Area Blacksmithing and Knife Making Classes: Incandescent Ironworks, Ltd.
July 8, 2012
3:59 am
Avatar
Steve McGrew
Moderator

NWBA Member

Board Member

Registered User

Moderators
Forum Posts: 77
Member Since:
March 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

15756=4771-class1.jpgImage Enlarger


15756=4772-Class 2.gifImage Enlarger

15756=4773-Class 3.gifImage Enlarger

Introduction to Blacksmithing 2 days Basic tool making, heat treating, shaping, punching, [INDENT=8]twisting, Leaves, BBQ implements, [/INDENT] Introduction to Knife Making 3 days Make a hunting knife, dagger, or kitchen knife. Harden and [INDENT=8]differentially temper. Exotic wood full-tang handle.[/INDENT] Intermediate Blacksmithing 2 days
Cable Damascus 1 day
Tongs 2 days
Customized classes TBA

http://www.incandescent-iron.com Instructor: Steve McGrew
Classes are scheduled according to demand. Maximum 5 students per class; each student has his/her own forging station. Both propane forges and coal/coke forges are available. All tools and materials provided.

August 30, 2012
5:12 pm
Avatar
Lance Putt
Member
Registered User
Forum Posts: 3
Member Since:
August 29, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I am Very interested, I am a beginner knife maker (Im on my second one) I learned from a pretty cool video from a guy called “Green Pete” online it was very helpful and informative video but unfortunately you cant ask a video questions lol. I would love to attend these classes. I am in the process of making a homemade forge so I can harden my two knives but may wait if a class opens up soon enough, please let me know I am very excited : ) oh and how much are the classes?:bounce:

StevePMcGrew;15756 wrote:
15756=4771-class1.jpgImage Enlarger


15756=4772-Class 2.gifImage Enlarger

15756=4773-Class 3.gifImage Enlarger

Introduction to Blacksmithing 2 days Basic tool making, heat treating, shaping, punching,[INDENT=8]twisting, Leaves, BBQ implements, [/INDENT] Introduction to Knife Making 3 days Make a hunting knife, dagger, or kitchen knife. Harden and[INDENT=8]differentially temper. Exotic wood full-tang handle.[/INDENT] Intermediate Blacksmithing 2 days
Cable Damascus 1 day
Tongs 2 days
Customized classes TBA

http://www.incandescent-iron.com Instructor: Steve McGrew
Classes are scheduled according to demand. Maximum 5 students per class; each student has his/her own forging station. Both propane forges and coal/coke forges are available. All tools and materials provided.

August 30, 2012
6:08 pm
Avatar
Steve McGrew
Moderator

NWBA Member

Board Member

Registered User

Moderators
Forum Posts: 77
Member Since:
March 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Lance,
The next classes will be in October. A knife class is $400 and takes 3 days.
If you’d like to come over and see the shop, let me know–
Steve
[h=2][Image Can Not Be Found][/h] I am Very interested, I am a beginner knife maker (Im on my second one) I learned from a pretty cool video from a guy called “Green Pete” online it was very helpful and informative video but unfortunately you cant ask a video questions lol. I would love to attend these classes. I am in the process of making a homemade forge so I can harden my two knives but may wait if a class opens up soon enough, please let me know I am very excited : ) oh and how much are the classes?:bounce:

August 30, 2012
6:50 pm
Avatar
Lance Putt
Member
Registered User
Forum Posts: 3
Member Since:
August 29, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I lost my job with the Washington State Liquor Control Board in June when Liquor went into the grocery stores so money is tight right now, But I am hoping to have a job by
then and will get a hold of you if I do. Lance

StevePMcGrew;16113 wrote: Lance,
The next classes will be in October. A knife class is $400 and takes 3 days.
If you’d like to come over and see the shop, let me know–
Steve
[Image Can Not Be Found]

I am Very interested, I am a beginner knife maker (Im on my second one) I learned from a pretty cool video from a guy called “Green Pete” online it was very helpful and informative video but unfortunately you cant ask a video questions lol. I would love to attend these classes. I am in the process of making a homemade forge so I can harden my two knives but may wait if a class opens up soon enough, please let me know I am very excited : ) oh and how much are the classes?:bounce:

August 30, 2012
7:22 pm
Avatar
Steve McGrew
Moderator

NWBA Member

Board Member

Registered User

Moderators
Forum Posts: 77
Member Since:
March 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

You don’t need a job to visit my shop ūüôā
Also, I’ll be at the Spokane County Fair doing blacksmithing demos from September 7 through September 18, so feel free to come by and ask any questions that come to mind–
Steve

August 31, 2012
5:36 am
Avatar
Lance Putt
Member
Registered User
Forum Posts: 3
Member Since:
August 29, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I would love to check your shop out, you free anytime between 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. next thursday?

StevePMcGrew;16115 wrote: You don’t need a job to visit my shop ūüôā
Also, I’ll be at the Spokane County Fair doing blacksmithing demos from September 7 through September 18, so feel free to come by and ask any questions that come to mind–
Steve

August 31, 2012
1:52 pm
Avatar
Steve McGrew
Moderator

NWBA Member

Board Member

Registered User

Moderators
Forum Posts: 77
Member Since:
March 30, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
[h=2][/h] Sure! 1:00 Thursday would work well. Please call me via the phone number you’ll find at the web site (http://www.incandescent-iron.com) and I’ll give you directions. The shop is not at the address on the web site.
Steve

August 31, 2012
10:45 pm
Avatar
Lance Putt
Member
Registered User
Forum Posts: 3
Member Since:
August 29, 2012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ok sounds good.

StevePMcGrew;16120 wrote:
Sure! 1:00 Thursday would work well. Please call me via the phone number you’ll find at the web site (http://www.incandescent-iron.com) and I’ll give you directions. The shop is not at the address on the web site.
Steve

December 28, 2015
11:14 am
Avatar
Levi Naccarato
Member
Registered User
Forum Posts: 2
Member Since:
January 26, 2015
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello Steve! 

I am a just getting started blacksmith and would love an opportunity to meet with you and possibly sign up for one of your classes. I realize this thread is a few years old, do you still offer classes and such? I would greatly appreciate some guidance on getting started on my blacksmithing journey. Thank you!

December 29, 2015
12:16 pm
Avatar
Morgan A. Kirk
Member
Registered User


NWBA Member
Forum Posts: 102
Member Since:
December 27, 2014
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Steve does come over to Longview every once in a while, but since it’s not too reliable of an assurance, you could probably try contacting him through his site. Just search incandescent ironworks and you should come up with it.

My Youtube channel: Cave of Skarzs

Just having some fun messing around with whatever I have a mind to do.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 102

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Larry L: 1566

Grant: 1420

Bruce Macmillan: 625

Lynn Gledhill: 572

JNewman: 520

Lee Cordochorea: 518

Gene C: 504

J Wilson: 425

Tom Allyn: 340

Steve H: 338

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 22

Members: 7174

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 23

Forums: 113

Topics: 3060

Posts: 19234

Newest Members:

chindo, albertv, sspringer, farmerfish77, Dbur525, faralder, Gray31, johan, theonlyslow, toaddee

Moderators: Steve McGrew: 77, N.W.B.A.: 72

Administrators: admin: 353