Nominations are still open; members can still be nominated as a candidate in the 2013 election.
The nominations for the Northwest Blacksmith Association Board of Directors will remain open until November 15, 2013, as per the NWBA By Laws. The information previously posted about the nominations closing at the Board meeting on October 26, 2013 was INCORRECT. Ballots and candidate statements will be mailed to the membership after the November 15th nomination closing date. Elections are closed on December 31, 2013 (all ballots must be postmarked no later than December 31, 2013). The ballots will be counted very early in January 2014.
So far, a total of 6 NWBA members have been nominated to run for one of the five positions opening up on the Board of Directors coming January 2014.
The current nominees (more may be added to the final count) running for a position on the NWBA Board of Directors are:
- Anne Bujold
- Lee Cordochorea
- Lynn Gledhill
- Scott Rash
- Ann Scott
- Richard Tinder
Board members are elected for a two year term, and there are a total of 9 board members at any given time.
The current board and their remaining terms are as follows:
- Bill Apple, current board President, term ends December 31, 2014, stepping down as president as of December 31, 2013.
- Bruce Crittenden, current board Vice President, appointed to the board in 2013 to take the place of Larry Langdon who stepped down from the board in 2013. Bruce is not running in this election to serve on the board for another term.
- Brent Christiansen, current board Secretary, term ends December 31, 2014.
- Darryl Nelson, current board Treasurer, term ends December 31, 2013. Darryl is not running for another term.
- Dean Mook, current board Director, term ends December 31, 2014.
- Andrea Lisch, current board Director, term ends December 31, 2013. Andrea had served as Secretary during her recent terms on the Board, until January 2013 when Bruce Weakly was voted in as Secretary of the board, with Bruce officially filling the role around March 2013.
- Jay McGowan, current board Director, term ends December 31, 2014.
- Tom Ferry, current board Director, term ends December 31, 2013. Tom has been absent from all Board business since spring 2013.
- Betsy Priddy has been sitting in as board Director in the place of Bruce Weakly. For the second half of 2013. Bruce was appointed to the board in place of Ken Mermelstein, who stepped down from the board in 2012. Bruce stepped down from the board position in June 2013. Betsy is not running for board position and will step down on December 31, 2013.
As noted in the list above; Darryl Nelson, Andrea Lisch, Bruce Crittenden, Tom Ferry, and Betsy Priddy (replacement of Bruce Weakly) are vacating their board positions. The nominees in the upcoming election are running to replace these departing board members.
Ballots and Candidate Statements will be mailed to all current NWBA members soon after the close of nominations on November 15, 2013. If you have a person you would like to nominate contact Elections Chair Jim Garrett, email@example.com, phone: 360-379-6615.
NOTE: The nominations for the Northwest Blacksmith Association Board of Directors will remain open until November 15, 2013, as per the NWBA By Laws. The information previously posted about the nominations closing at the Board meeting on October 26, 2013 was INCORRECT.