The 16th Annual Oregon Winter Festival 2015, the largest Winter Festival on the West Coast, will showcase the third year of the Fire Pit Competition. With a tradition of showcasing Ice Sculpture, we now invite the Northwest Arts Community to submit creative ideas utilizing fire. The accepted submissions will displayed over the three day Festival, lining the entrance walkway to the Festival. As this element of OWF has generated tremendous interest we are confident that the competition will exceed 2014 both in terms of quality, number of competitors and Northwest wide representation.
2015 Fire Pit Competition Application Guidelines
- Proposed work can be fabricated in any nonNflammable material
- Submissions must include a non-flammable barrier which will protect installation surface from scorching
- Entry fee $75, $50 of which can be credited towards a retail booth
- Entry deadline January 5, 2015
- Juried admission is based on submitted images for original work
- Work must be transported by the Artist to the site by 8 a.m. Friday February 13th
Awards and Jury
- Cash awards: First place $2000, Second $1000,Third $500
- The jury consisting of artists, professionals working in design, arts, and members of the Bend community.
Lay It Out Events will provide
- Publicity for the competition
- Fuel for wood burning entries
- Signage for each entry
- Compliance with fire codes .
- Onsite security beginning Thursday, February 12th.
- Load in information will be sent ten days pre event.
- Out of area competitors will be provided lodging Friday night with Friends of Fire.
2015 is the 15th year of Oregon WinterFest and the 3rd year of the Fire Pit Competition, which has been very well received.
Download the application – http://oregonwinterfest.com/
First prize is $2000, 2nd $1000, 3rd $500.