fall 2012 conference | Introductions Come First, Right? | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
fall 2012 conference
September 24, 2012
1:28 am
Rod

NWBA Member
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi all 1st post! Wanted to say how much I enjoyed my 1st conference. A huge thanks to Steve McGrew at incandescent-iron.com. He let a newbie (me) work at his forge,at the show, showed me how to make a leaf, a twisted s hanger and a acorn from a pipe. Can't thank him enough. Looking forward to more NWBA events.

September 24, 2012
1:48 am
saign charlestein
Forum Posts: 69
32825sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Rod, glad you had a good time.

I'd like to second that. It was my first conference as well, and I had a great time. I'd like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Its a great group of people, and I look forward to more events.

Saign
---------------
http://www.saignc.com

September 24, 2012
2:47 pm
Steve McGrew

NWBA Member

Moderators
Forum Posts: 77
32829sp_Permalink sp_Print

Rod;16229 wrote: Hi all 1st post! Wanted to say how much I enjoyed my 1st conference. A huge thanks to Steve McGrew at incandescent-iron.com. He let a newbie (me) work at his forge,at the show, showed me how to make a leaf, a twisted s hanger and a acorn from a pipe. Can't thank him enough. Looking forward to more NWBA events.

Rod, You're very welcome. There's hardly anything more fun than teaching an eager and able student!

September 25, 2012
5:34 pm
AnnScott

NWBA Member
Forum Posts: 1
32833sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have been to at least four conferences, but have enjoyed this one the most. Thanks so much for the opportunity to help with the repousse center. I look forward to participating at future conferences, and thank you Saign, for your beautiful and informative presentation!

saign charlestein;16230 wrote: Hi Rod, glad you had a good time.

I'd like to second that. It was my first conference as well, and I had a great time. I'd like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Its a great group of people, and I look forward to more events.

September 25, 2012
11:35 pm
saign charlestein
Forum Posts: 69
32835sp_Permalink sp_Print

No problem Ann. I enjoyed it, and was happy to see people enthusiastic about learning something new.

Saign
---------------
http://www.saignc.com

September 26, 2012
10:22 pm
Lee Cordochorea

NWBA Member

Board Member
Forum Posts: 595
32842sp_Permalink sp_Print

I must concur with what others have said. This was a darn fine conference.

The registration line was amazingly smooth. The demos and classes were exceedingly interesting.

THANK YOU and WELL DONE to all the folk who worked so hard to make this conference a success!!!!!

No matter where you go... there you are.

September 28, 2012
4:28 am
Zachary Greig
Forum Posts: 43
32847sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was my first conference as well and I must say that it was absolutely amazing! All of the demonstrations were great and left me with a lot to think about. Special thanks to Matt Sabo (hope I spelled that right) who spent a couple hours at the anvil me helping me work through my "nail" for the tree. 🙂

Getting to meet everyone and shoot the bull was a lot of fun and I look forward to these monthly Hammer-ins and the next conference.

Because blacksmithing is totally Metal! /../

October 3, 2012
2:33 am
Lynn Gledhill
Junction City, Oregon

NWBA Member
Forum Posts: 572
32867sp_Permalink sp_Print

Learned a bit about building forges, learned some tricks from Brent Bailey... Had a great time teaching my first ever hands-on class... Four of the six students finished the project in the allotted time... Really looking forward to the next conference... By the way... Did you hear that the NWBA will be having a hammer-in at the Longview Expo Center EVERY MONTH beginning in January of next year!!! When it was spoken about at the auction everyone was like, "What, just one conference a year??" Yeah, like all of you, I can't get enough of the conferences and don't want to see just one a year... However, costs are rising, and the NWBA is not bringing in enough money through conference attendance to cover the costs of putting these things on.. So, our elected leaders are talking about doing just one conference a year... CryCryCry However, we will be having a hammer-in at Longview, Wa, EVERY MONTH!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:. It first sounded like it would only be the fourth Saturday of the month, but I talked with Darryl Nelson about it and it sounds like it could be the Saturday and part of the Sunday...:running::running::running: Yeaaa!!! A mini-conference EVERY MONTH!!!! I will be there Friday night, I'll bring a canopy and camp, and will be there for Saturday, and leave Sunday afternoon. I am excited about this development !!! Still hate to go to just one conference a year, but THIS IS GREAT!!!

Talking about this at the conference, it came up that a lot of newcomers may be left out if we don't have 2 conferences a year... However, if you guys put the word out about the Hammer-Ins, they'll be there!!! I haven't heard if there will be a cost to attend.. Let me know, some of youse guys who are in the know.

October 5, 2012
12:08 am
Andrea

NWBA Member
Forum Posts: 177
32881sp_Permalink sp_Print

No Lynn, there will not be a charge in the beginning. Depending on how things go there may be a small fee to cover fuel costs, but not to start. Speaking of start, we will open the clubhouse on the 4th Saturday of every month so you can plan ahead. We are really excited about this too! Darryl Nelson will run the first weekend demo, which is really cool. Some of the weekends maybe more structured, but we are open to suggestions. See ya down there.

I also agree that this conference was a great event. I was so impressed with all of our demonstrations, and loved the pizza.
Thank you to everyone that made it possible.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 668

Currently Online:
18 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Larry L: 1566

Grant: 1420

Bruce Macmillan: 625

Lee Cordochorea: 595

Lynn Gledhill: 572

JNewman: 520

Gene C: 504

J Wilson: 426

Eric Sprado: 383

Tom Allyn: 340

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 22

Members: 8726

Moderators: 4

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 23

Forums: 97

Topics: 3538

Newest Members:

Tom, churndashmaven, cameliacity, fred.f.chopin, RuoYi, rodeoneerer, NWBABjorn, mddangelo, Nevillberger, Crusty Veteran

Moderators: Steve McGrew: 77, N.W.B.A.: 72, webmaster: 0, bluehost: 0

Administrators: admin: 540